Evan Banker joined Chalat Hatten & Banker as an associate after his admission to the Colorado Bar, and became a partner in 2012 after four years with the firm. Evan has secured numerous successful settlements for his clients, and where settlement was not possible, verdicts in his clients' favor. His notable trial experience includes one of the largest auto/pedestrian verdicts in Colorado history – an $18.1 million verdict – and a defective product case against Ford Motor Co. which resulted in a $7 million judgment for his client.
His practice with the firm emphasizes personal injury cases, skier collisions, and professional malpractice. Mr. Banker earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where he represented low-income plaintiffs in the school's legal clinic and competed in ABA sponsored national appellate advocacy competitions, receiving special recognition for his writing. Before graduating, he gained experience working with the Hon. Robert S. Hyatt and with a major Denver civil defense firm.
Born and raised in New Jersey, Mr. Banker is an avid skier and is grateful to be able to incorporate his love of Colorado's mountain sports with his passion for representing his clients. His excellence as an advocate has been recognized by Colorado Super Lawyers, being placed on the 2009 through 2014 list of Rising Stars, and the Colorado Super Lawyers list since 2015.
His publications include:
- Hit and Run Skiers Add Insult to Injury
- Subrogation Rights of Health Plans Established Under ERISA
- Tort Law Update - Recreational Liability & Waivers Hit and Run Skiers Add Insult to Injury 2017-2019
- A Panel Discussion on the NFL Concussion Lawsuit Sports & Torts: Liability on the Field of Play
- Recreational Waivers in Colorado: It's all fun and games 'til someone loses an eye, then it's a dispositive motion 2012
- A Panel Discussion on Emerging Legal Issues in Ski, Snowboarding and Resort Law 2012
- Avalanche Liability Law & Ski Law in the United States (Co-Author) 2008
Evan Banker's Cases
I can definitely recommend this firm… A firm that is willing to dedicate that much research into such an obscure, yet vital area of law has it’s clients’ best interests at heart.