Born and raised in New Jersey, Evan is an avid skier and is grateful to be able to incorporate his love of Colorado's mountain sports with his passion for representing his clients.
Evan earned his B.A. from University of Michigan and then earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. While in law school, he represented low-income plaintiffs in the school's legal clinic and competed in ABA sponsored national appellate advocacy competitions, receiving special recognition for his writing. Before graduating, he gained experience working with the Hon. Robert S. Hyatt and with a major Denver civil defense firm.
Evan Banker joined Chalat Hatten & Banker as an associate after his admission to the Colorado Bar, and became a partner in 2012 after four years with the firm. His practice with the firm emphasizes personal injury cases, skier collisions, and professional malpractice
His publications include:
- Hit and Run Skiers Add Insult to Injury
- Subrogation Rights of Health Plans Established Under ERISA
- Tort Law Update - Recreational Liability & Waivers Hit and Run Skiers Add Insult to Injury 2017-2019
- A Panel Discussion on the NFL Concussion Lawsuit Sports & Torts: Liability on the Field of Play
- Recreational Waivers in Colorado: It's all fun and games 'til someone loses an eye, then it's a dispositive motion 2012
- A Panel Discussion on Emerging Legal Issues in Ski, Snowboarding and Resort Law 2012
- Avalanche Liability Law & Ski Law in the United States (Co-Author) 2008
Evan Banker's Cases
After an appeal, a second jury orders Ford to pay.
I can definitely recommend this firm… A firm that is willing to dedicate that much research into such an obscure, yet vital area of law has it’s clients’ best interests at heart.